Thursday, March 03, 2011

Installing OBPM Suite 11g PS3 using XE

When installing the OBPM Suite 11g PS3, I ran into an issue with the Metadata Services (MDS) schema on my XE database. The error I got when I tried to start the WLS SOA domain was "ORA-04063: package body "DEV_MDS.MDS_INTERNAL_SHREDDED" has errors". I checked the schema and found that all three existing packages were invalid. Recompile did not solve the issue.

I Googled a bit and found out that I had to re-run the Repository Creation Utility, as apparently there is an extra environment variable to set before you run this. I fixed it as follows:
  • Open a dos-box in the ..\rcuHome\bin folder
  • Enter: set rcu_jdbc_trim_blocks=true
  • Run rcu.bat
  • Drop the existing repository
  • Recreate a new one
  • All invalid objects disappeared!
BTW, the tips in a previous posting, are still valid. Especially the one regarding setting the JVM memory setting of the WLS SOA domain:

set DEFAULT_MEM_ARGS=-Xms512m -Xmx768m

3 comments:

oracle r12 new features said...

Thanks Jan :) I'm a beginner developer still in his early college stage, and I'm really happy I came across your blog recently while googling for something completely different. Cheers.

Marybeth said...

Little doubt, the dude is totally just.

Muhammad Amir said...

his port is typically 7001, but is the HTTP port associated with Oracle HTTP Server. http://ps3problemsv.com